Eggy's, a diner from the Custom House Tavern team, will open in April
Erin Mooney, the pastry chef at Custom House Tavern and the forthcoming Eggy's.
Details have just been released about Eggy's, the diner Sue Kim-Drohomyrecky and Peter Drohomyrecky of Custom House Tavern are opening in Lakeshore East (right across the street from Millennium Park). Let's dive in:
- Running the place (as both general manager and chef) will be Zach Millican, who has been serving as the chef de cuisine at Custom House Tavern. (Previous assumptions were that Perry Hendrix, the chef at CHT, would be the chef.)
- Erin Mooney, CHT's pastry chef, will handle the desserts.
- It's BYOB.
- It will serve breakfast and lunch (see menu items below) all day. For dinner, the restaurant will feature a three-course tasting menu, served family-style; this dinner menu will change daily.
- Prices will be on the lowish side—$3-$12 for breakfast, $8-$13 for lunch, $18-$24 for dinner.
- Mooney's dessert will consist of old-school items like ice cream sundaes, milk shakes, ice cream floats, N.Y. Egg Creams, double chocolate fudge cake, southern-style coconut cake, banana cream pie and sour cream Dutch apple pie.
- The savory menu will follow suit, with the following a sample of the breakfast items...
Green Eggs & Ham
Two baked eggs, Anson Mills grits, tomatillo sauce, house made Tasso ham, avocado, pickled onion and queso fresco.
Peter & the Wolf
Potato, fennel, carrot and pastrami hash with two fried eggs. Topped with horseradish cream, and served with toast.
Slow roasted pork, roasted poblano pepper, black beans, queso fresco and smothered with ranchero sauce.
The Verb Omelet
Egg whites, avocado, Swiss cheese, spinach and jalapeno and served with house made salsa on the side.
Served with seasonal fruit; add fried chicken or maple glazed pork belly.
Melissa's Candy Pancakes
Named after partner David Carlins's daughter's creation, these pancakes are made with M&Ms, Butterfinger and Snickers.
-...and the following being some examples of lunch...
Fried Wisconsin Cheese Curds
With dill pickle sauce.
Crispy fries, two fried eggs, bacon, covered in hollandaise and browned.
Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Kale & Quinoa Salad
Red wine vinaigrette, toasted walnuts, apple, and agro dolce onions.
Crispy white fish, cabbage and onion slaw, house tartar sauce.
Frank and Beans
House made baked beans, all natural all beef hot dog, yellow mustard, pickle, and bacon.
Hot Chili Beef Dip
Our version of the cheese steak. Steak, onions and spicy cheese sauce.
Curry Chicken Salad
Red Curry chicken salad on your choice of bread with lettuce tomato and onion.
Eggy's is expected to open in April at 333 E. Benton Place, Suite 103. It's got a Twitter presence already: @eggyschi