Gone: Aigre Doux
Few restaurants open to as much fanfare as Aigre Doux did, and most critics felt the restaurant lived up to its promise. At Time Out, we had mixed feelings—but we loved pastry chef Malika Ameen's ice cream, and we were always holding out hope that the bakery portion of the restaurant (promised since opening) would come to fruition.
While Ameen and her husband, Mohammad Islam, have stopped serving at the restaurant, Ameen will still take orders for baked goods, and the pair have promised to keep twittering. Below, some of the tweets they've written about the shuttering, sent just minutes ago.
- It is with heavy heart that I announce Aigre Doux will close its doors on Tuesday, August 4
- This decision comes after a lot of soul searching which followed the devastating loss of my father this past spring.
- After 2 amazing years in Chicago and numerous accolades from critics, we’ve decided that we want to refocus our energy on our family.
- While we don’t have any specific plans for the future, cooking is in our blood – you haven’t heard the last of us.
- Thanks for the support. Please follow us as I continue to chronicle our daily adventure of balancing parenthood and our life as chefs.