2011 Spring fashion trends
The Spring Fashion issue of Time Out Chicago is packed with the latest fashion trends you'll be seeing on the streets of Chicago this spring. Think clothing that nods to the 1970s, colorful duds and fringe jewelry. Shopping & Style editor Kevin Aeh stopped by FOX Chicago's Good Day Chicago this morning to show off a few of the must-have items featured in this week's issue, as well as a few more spring favorites. Check out the segment, and the deets and where-to-buy info for everything featured.
Wide leg jeans
- Citizens of Humanity Hutton medium-rise jeans $189 at Intermix
Patterns Don’t be afraid of busy patterns this season.
- Leaf-print midi skirt, $90 at Topshop
- Graphic t-shit, $24 at Urban Outfitters
Leather satchels Big bags take a back seat this spring, because it’s all about smaller handbags.
- Studded leather cream bag, $60 at Topshop
Men’s ties One of the easiest ways for guys to add a pop of color to their outfits is with a tie.
- Selection from TheTieBar.com (locally based site), $15 each.
Jeans/pants Don’t just stick with blue when it comes to denim.
- Women’s BDG Cigarette High-Rise jean (in berry), $58 at Urban Outfitters
- Men’s green shorts, $39 at Urban Outfitters
Canvas shoes Always in style when it gets warmer.
- BucketFeet is a local company that is brand new. $75 each
Neutral-colored shoes Beige and nude hues keep it subtle and sophisticated.
- Boutique 9 Rumble sandals, $122 at Lori’s
- Pour la Victorie nude pump, $230 at Lori’s
- Vince Camuto wedge, $94 at Lori’s
- Restricted wedge, $60 at Lori’s
Fringe Fringe was big in the 70s, so it’s no surprise that the look is back, this time in jewelry form.
- Lodge necklace, $98 at lauralombardi.bigcartel.com
- Emma Carroll feather earrings, $60 at emmacarolletcshop.bigcartel.com.
Nail polishes The hot colors this season include Peachy-pink, lavender, nude, and robin-egg blue.
- Nude: Naked by Deborah Lippman, $16 at deborahlippman.com
- Robin’s Egg Blue: Barracuda by Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen, $8 a Walgreens (coming in May 2011)
- Pale-peachy-pink: Pink Bliss by Rimmel London, $4 a drugstore.com
- Purple-meets-lavender: Violet Diva Pure Color Nail Lacquer by Estee Lauder, $19 at Nordstrom