Not look hungover in front of the fam
Mom and Dad don’t need to know you were out till 4am (or didn’t make it home at all), the night before your family get-together. Makeup artist Nika Vaughan offers a few tried-and-true tips for freshening up that tired look, nixing foul booze breath and cleaning up your act:
1. Ladies, moisturize with a lip balm, and then apply a pink gloss with a blue undertone, such as NARS’s gloss in Chihuahua ($24 at narscosmetics.com), on top. It’ll make your teeth look extra white.
2. There’s nothing pretty about bloodshot eyes. Reduce redness using Clear Eyes Redness Relief ($7 at CVS, locations citywide, cvs.com).
3. Didn’t make it home in time for a shower? No worries. Absorb excess hair oil using a dry shampoo (try TRESseme Fresh Start, $5 at CVS). Remove the mascara streaks and leftover blush with an individually wrapped makeup remover cloth, such as Alcone’s version (starting at $6 at alconeco.com).
4. Hide those dark, I-partied-all-night under-eye circles with a light concealer, such as Make Up Forever’s Lift Concealer ($22 at sephora).
5. Add some life to your cheeks with a sheer cream blush. Opt for hydrating brands (to counteract the deyhdrating effects of all that boozing), such as Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge ($22 at bobbibrown.com).
6. Make friends with a pack of Altoids and a bottle of electrolyte-packed coconut water.