Brew and view
Watching movies at a party: boring. Watching movies while making your friends look dumb and inebriated: a helluva good time. Our trivia and drinking games will help you do both.
Trivia Game: The Shining
All work and no play makes your next party dull. Liven it up with this trivia about one of Kubrick’s best films.
1. What is the name of the “boy who lives inside Danny’s mouth”?
2. What was it that Jack typed repeatedly in the German version of the film?
Was Du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe nicht auf Morgen. ("Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.")
3. What flavor of ice cream did Danny ask for at the beginning of the movie?
4. What inspired the book and movie’s title?
John Lennon's "Instant Karma!"
5. What is the name of the missing person mentioned in the news program Wendy is watching when she is preparing fruit in the kitchen?
6. What does Danny use to write “redrum”?
Red lipstick belonging to Wendy.
7. In what other Stanley Kubrick movies did Jack Nicholson appear?
8. What happened to Grady, the previous caretaker?
He killed himself after murdering his wife and two daughters.
9. How many chickens are kept in the hotel’s walk-in freezer?
10. What is shown in the pictures in Dick’s room?
Naked ladies with afros.
— Jasmine Davila