5 tips from a Texan
Who would know better how to beat the heat than a transplant from the Lone Star State? Local comedian and former El Pasoan Seth Dodson offers this advice:
1. If you have to go to a rodeo, go to the gay rodeo (Aug 20–22, ilgra.com). It’s much cooler because shirts are optional and assless chaps are required.
2. Prudes: Just wear one chap.
3. Go swim in the Rio Grande. (JK! Border Patrol is a real bitch.)
4. Stay inside! Is August so important that we need to part with our wool cardigans and venture outside of our frosty, air-conditioned comfort zones?
5. I would suggest building a swimming pool, but for once I don’t think anyone in Texas is in the mood for drilling.
See Dodson in The Sandbox at the Playground Theater every Monday at 8pm.