Whole Foods Market hosts art supply drive
If you're reading articles on this site, chances are you either know an artist or you're someone who understands the value of art in a child's development. You probably also shop at Whole Foods, which has teamed up with Creative Pitch for a local art supply drive. Creative Pitch is a recycling organization that collects used art supplies and redistributes them to deserving students, teachers and other nonprofit agencies. Help support the cause by donating materials at these five local Whole Foods stores:
South Loop, 1101 S Canal St (Oct 6, 10am–4pm); Lakeview 3300 N Ashland Ave (Oct 13, 10am–3pm); Kingsbury, 1550 N Kingsbury St (Oct 20, 10am–3pm); Gold Coast, 30 W Huron St (Oct 27, 10am–2pm) and Northalsted, 3640 N Halsted St (Nov 3 10am–3pm).
Creative Pitch accepts the following:
- Crayons, pens, pencils and working markers (including incomplete sets)
- Full sheets of blank paper
- Canvas and stretchers
- Paints and brushes
- Fabric—large pieces only
- Foam core and illustration boards—full sheets only
- Rulers, glue and glue sticks
- Digital cameras
- Miscellaneous items (buttons, beads, feathers, sequins, collage and sculpture materials)
For more information visit wholoefoodschi.tumblr.com.